Body Glove - Captain Cook Historical Dinner Cruise
Located right off of the Kailua-Kona pier, this historical Big Island dinner cruise guides you through gorgeous Kealakekua Bay, a well known sanctuary for marine life. This historical bay is the home of the special Captain Cook Monument, which honors Captain James Cook. Captain Cook was a British explorer and navigator who was the first European to contact the Hawaiian Islands in 1778!
During the 12 mile cruise along the Kona Coast, you and your family will admire extravagant scenery, all while an on-board historian will mention and explain over 50 historical locations of interest. After this Big Island sunset cruise arrives in Kealakekua Bay, an authentic Hawaiian-style buffet dinner is served fresh. Enjoy live music, entertainment, and a beautiful sunset while returning to the Kona pier.
- Mauna Loa Big Island Macadamia Nuts (Vegan/GF)
- Kealaola Farm Mixed Salad Greens, Waimea Grape Tomatoes,
Japanese Cucumber, Red Onion (Vegan/GF)
- Served with a Papaya Seed Vinaigrette
- Thai Coconut Curry with Hamakua Sweet Potatoes, Hawaiian Breadfruit, Carrots, &
Bell Peppers (Vegan/GF)
- Steamed Jasmine Rice (Vegan/GF)
- Kiawe Mango Barbecue
short ribs served with a Mango salsa (GF)
- Island Baked Coconut Dinner Rolls served
with Butter (Vegetarian)
- Cheesecake with a Local Lilikoi Glaze (Vegetarian)
- 100% Kona Coffee
- Included is one complimentary cocktail. Cash bar
- 65 foot long catamaran
- 15 foot high jump
- 20 foot water slide
- Wheelchair friendly
Scenic Kona Coast
Captain Cook Monument
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Check in at 3:30 pm at the Kailua-Kona pier View Map
Body Glove Cruises' main office is located in the Ilima Court (North Kona Shopping Center, 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740), which has the closest free parking to the Kailua-Kona pier. It is about a five minute walk down to the pier from the office.
- All guests must agree to comply to the following COVID-19 disclaimer:
I certify that I am not displaying signs of COVID-19 and have not been in contact with an individual confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days. I will provide proof of a negative pre-travel COVID-19 test approved by the state of Hawaii and/or that I have been on island for a minimum of 10 days. Additionally, I agree to wear a nose and mouth covering while boarding and disembarking the vessel.
Guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to boarding.
- Special Notes:
- A portion of all proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations for the preservation, restoration and education of Hawaiian culture and history, its coral reefs and coral reefs around the world.
Seating is first come first serve.
The vessel is 100% wheelchair accessible on the lower deck. If you are traveling with a wheelchair, please let us know in advance so that pier parking can be reserved for you (there are only 2 spaces). If there's space we will note that the guest is using the space and will request that they call the office at boarding time for pier access. The guest will wait at the gate for a crew member to let them onto the pier. They must be traveling with a handicap placard in order to take advantage of pier parking.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Body Glove
- Big Island
- Body Glove Cruises operates the Kanoa II, a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran that was designed with quality and comfort in mind. Guests enjoy plenty of shade and cushioned seating. The vessel features flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment and a full service premium bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with three restrooms and is also wheelchair friendly. The spacious lower deck allows for a full range of movement.