Body Glove - Captain Cook Historical Dinner Cruise
Located right off of the Kailua-Kona pier, this historical Big Island dinner cruise guides you through gorgeous Kealakekua Bay, a well known sanctuary for marine life. This historical bay is the home of the special Captain Cook Monument, which honors Captain James Cook. Captain Cook was a British explorer and navigator who was the first European to contact the Hawaiian Islands in 1778.
During the 12 mile cruise along the Kona Coast, you and your family will admire extravagant scenery, all while an onboard historian will mention and explain over 50 historical locations of interest. While you are en route to Kealakekua Bay, enjoy an island-inspired dinner. Enjoy live music, entertainment and a beautiful sunset while returning to the Kona pier.
Lau'ai (Salad Course):
- JA Farms Baby Spinach Salad: Local Baby Spinach, Rincon Farms Strawberries, Big Island Feta Cheese, Candied Macadamia Nuts, Waimea Strawberry Vinaigrette
'Aina Ahiahi (Main Course):
- Kona Coffee Braised Beef Short Rib
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Kona Coffee Red Eye Demi Glace
- Cheesecake with Local Lilikoi Glaze
(Vegan/Vegetarian Option) - Advance notice required. Please request at time of booking:
- Curried Veggies: Locally Sourced Zucchini-Kabocha Squash, Celery, Carrot, Onion, Bell Pepper
- Steamed Jasmine Rice
One complimentary cocktail included. Cash bar thereafter.
Scenic Kona Coast
Captain Cook Monument
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Check in at 3:30 pm at the Kailua-Kona pier View Map
Body Glove Cruises' main office is located in the Ilima Court (North Kona Shopping Center, 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740), which has the closest free parking to the Kailua-Kona pier. It is about a five minute walk down to the pier from the office.
- Guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to boarding.
- Special Notes:
- A portion of all proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations for the preservation, restoration and education of Hawaiian culture and history, its coral reefs and coral reefs around the world.
The vessel is 100% wheelchair accessible on the lower deck. If you are traveling with a wheelchair, please let us know in advance so that pier parking can be reserved for you (there are only 2 spaces). If there's space we will note that the guest is using the space and will request that they call the office at boarding time for pier access. The guest will wait at the gate for a crew member to let them onto the pier. They must be traveling with a handicap placard in order to take advantage of pier parking.
Seating is first come first serve.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Body Glove
- Big Island
- Body Glove Cruises operates the Kanoa II, a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran that was designed with quality and comfort in mind. Guests enjoy plenty of shade and cushioned seating. The vessel features flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment and a full service premium bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with three restrooms and is also wheelchair friendly. The spacious lower deck allows for a full range of movement.